The 30 day challenge is all about trying something new for 30 days, implementing new habits and breaking bad ones.
For those of you who’d like to mix it up a bit and introduce more spontaneity into your life, I’d like to present to you, the 30 day challenge hat game.
What is the hat game?
It’s basically a hat filled with handwritten things to do. As a child, I loved playing this. My brother, next door neighbours and I would all write down suggestions, put them in the hat, and then pick out all the bits of paper one by one.
I thought recently, wouldn’t it be good if I could make the hat game into a 30 day challenge where instead of doing the same thing over and over again for 30 days, you get to do a new thing every day for a month.
Here’s how it works
1. Write out 30 things to do on bits of paper, fold them up and put them into a hat.
2. Each day for 30 days, pick out one of the bits of paper and do it.
Introducing … The 30 day hat game
If you’re not sure what to write on the pieces of paper, I suggest you start small. I’ve written a list of ideas for you below. Just remember, unlike the 30 day challenge, you get to do a different thing each day so you’re adding a bit more spontaneity rather than creating more routine to your life.
Of course, you might like one of your notes from the hat so much, you might want to start doing it regularly so it becomes an activity that you’ll do constantly for 30 days. So, you could see this exercise as a 30 day challenge taster session.
And who’s to say you can’t involve your friends, family, kids, work colleagues … with this too and make it into a game you all play? Just don’t be too harsh about what you write — you might be the one that has to do it!
30 day challenge ideas for 30 days
1. Give a stranger a compliment
2. Do one random act of kindness
3. Wear something brightly coloured
4. Meditate for 10 minutes
5. Don’t look at your phone all day
6. Go for a 10 minute run
7. Call up an old friend for a chat
8. Cook a meal from scratch
9. Eat something you’ve never tried before
10. Treat yourself to a new book
11. Bake a cake
12. Spend 15 minutes drawing a picture of anything you like
13. Don’t watch TV for the day
14. Go make-up free for the day
15. Wear something you wouldn’t normally wear
16. Drink eight glasses of water
17. Tell someone you love them (someone you love obviously)
18. Write 500 words
19. Practise mindfulness for 15 minutes
20. Do 30 sit ups
21. Learn a new joke
22. Watch a film in bed
23. Smile at three strangers
24. Take 10 photos of stuff that interests you
25. Write 10 things you’re grateful for
26. Do something that pushes you out of your comfort zone
27. Eat something you’ve never tried before
28. Do some laughter yoga for 10 minutes
29. Buy someone a present
30. Write a poem